Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 02/14/2017 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3:34-5 p.m.
Martin F. Farrell: 3:34-5 p.m.
Martin S. Ryan: 3:34-5 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Karen Kuehl, Tammy Pinno, Michael Marx, Brenda Schneider, Meggin McNamara, Dean Will, Jim Miller, Steve Jenkins, Steve Frantz, Dennis Doucette, Mike Will and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Vice Chair Tom Dornbrook called the meeting to order at 3:34 p.m.
2. Selection of a committee chair and vice chair as necessary.
Paper ballots were used. Mr. Dornbrook was selected chair and Martin S. Ryan was selected vice chair.
3. Approve minutes of the January 24, 2017, meeting.
Motion (Ryan/Farrell) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0-1, with Kenneth W. Depperman abstaining.
4. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
5. Cash on hand and investments for January 2017.
Treasurer Brenda Schneider presented the report. Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to accept the report and place on file. Motion carried, 5-0.
6. Consideration and possible acceptance of a bid for In rem No. 45-142, 425 Illinois Ave, North Fond du Lac.
Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to accept the bid of $2,501.01 from Mason Sprague for In rem No. 45-142, 425 Illinois Ave., North Fond du Lac. Motion carried, 5-0.
7. Resolution awarding the sale of $5,910,000 General Obligation Promissory Notes, Series 2017A.
Jim Miller of Hutchinson, Shockey, Erley & Co. explained the resolution awarding the sale of $5,910,000 General Obligation Promissory Notes, Series 2017A. Motion (Farrell/Depperman) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
8. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to enter into a three-party agreement among Fond du Lac County, Hotel Retlaw, LLC of Fond du Lac and the Fond du Lac County Economic Development Corporation to provide a performance-based loan of $1,150,000 to Hotel Retlaw, LLC of Fond du Lac.
Steve Jenkins, Steve Frantz and Dennis Doucette were present to explain and answer questions about the Hotel Retlaw, LLC project. Motion (Farrell/Ryan) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
9. Resolution appropriating $550,000 from the county unassigned general fund reserve – county sales tax unapplied to the Fond du Lac County Economic Development Corporation County Special Allocation Revolving Loan Fund for the Hotel Retlaw project.
Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
10. Recommending and possibly approving placement of the airport manager position in the non-exempt county pay plan at the NE11 pay grade.
Motion (Farrell/Goldsmith) to approve the recommendation. Motion carried, 4-1, with Mr. Ryan voting nay.
11. Update by the county executive on the potential need for a budget line item for legal fees.
County Executive Allen Buechel and Director of Administration Erin Gerred provided an update.
12. Resolution recognizing Marilyn Klabunde, Tom O’Connor and Nancy Zupke for their dedicated service and contributions to Fond du Lac County.
Motion (Goldsmith/Depperman) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
13. Report on mileage, per diem and expenses for January 2017.
Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to approve the report. Motion carried, 5-0.
14. Approve extra meetings.
Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) for Martin F. Farrell to receive mileage and per diem for his attendance at a legislative listening session on Dec. 5. Motion carried, 4-0-1, with Mr. Farrell abstaining.
15. Approve bills.
Motion (Goldsmith/Ryan) to approve the following bills. Motion carried, 5-0.
16. Future agenda items and meeting dates.
Meetings will be held at 4 p.m. on March 7 and at 3:30 p.m. on March 21.
Motion (Depperman/Goldsmith) to adjourn the meeting at 5 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk