UW-Extension Education, Agriculture and Recreation Committee
- Date: 03/14/2017 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Sarah A. Everson: 5:30-7:07 p.m.
Sam Kaufman: 5:30-7:07 p.m.
Michael J. Will: 5:30-7:07 p.m.
Also present were Erin Gerred, Diana Tscheschlok, Denise Retzleff, David Brandenburg, Craig Walters and Sam Tobias.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Michael J. Will called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the February 8, 2017, meeting.
Motion (Giese/Rickert) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to execute an electric, communications and natural gas underground easement with Wisconsin Power and Light Company, Charter Cable Partners, LLC doing business as Charter Communications, and Wisconsin Bell, Inc. doing business as AT&T Wisconsin at the UW-Fond du Lac campus for student housing.
Erin Gerred discussed the resolution. Motion (Giese/Rickert) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
a. Diana Tscheschlok discussed the educator report.
b. Denise Retzleff discussed the office report. Motion (Kaufman/Rickert) to accept the reports and place on file. Motion carried.
6. Golf Course.
a. David Brandenburg discussed the monthly report. Motion (Giese/Everson) to accept the report and place on file. Motion carried.
b. Mr. Brandenburg gave a summary of the contract performance for the bar and grill concessionaire.
c. Mr. Brandenburg reviewed golf specials for 2017. Motion (Kaufman/Everson) to approve the golf specials. Motion carried.
d. Mr. Brandenburg reviewed non-golf events for 2017. Motion (Giese/Kaufman) to approve the non-golf events. Motion carried.
a. Craig Walters discussed the monthly report. Motion (Kaufman/Giese) to accept the report and place on file. Motion carried.
8. Planning and Parks.
a. Motion (Rickert/Everson) to approve the resolution authorizing the proper county officials to submit a County Conservation Aids Grant application to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and to administer grant funds if awarded. Motion carried.
b. Motion (Giese/Kaufman) to approve the resolution amending the Farmland Preservation Plan for Fond du Lac County to accommodate the expansion of Rademann Stone & Landscape Co., Inc. in the town of Byron. Motion carried.
c. Sam Tobias discussed the draft of the annual MS4 stormwater report.
d. Mr. Tobias discussed the monthly report. Motion (Kaufman/Rickert) to accept the report and place on file. Motion carried.
9. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 5:30 p.m. on April 12.
Motion (Giese/Kaufman) to adjourn the meeting at 7:07 p.m. Motion carried.