Natural Beauty Council
- Date: 03/16/2017 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Marianne Geiger: 10-11:02 a.m.
Sue Siegesmund: 10-11:02 a.m.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Marianne Geiger called the meeting to order at 10 a.m.
2. Approve minutes of the August 4, 2016, meeting.
Motion (Siegesmund/Nicholson) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Discussion of the 2017 Arbor-Earth Day Program.
There was discussion of the 2017 Arbor-Earth Day Program, which will be on Tuesday, April 25. Setup time will be 4:45 p.m., registration will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., and dinner will be at 6:30 p.m. Bill Volkert will be the speaker. The meal will be braised beef tips and noodles, gluten free or vegetarian. The price is $14. Registrations should be phoned in by April 20. Gerda Strupp or Sue Siegesmund will get the centerpieces, which will also serve as door prizes.
5. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting will be after the program on April 25. Members will discuss the program and approve expenses.
6. Discussion of the Natural Beauty Council.
Members are unsure of the council’s future. Chair Geiger and Mary Jean Nicholson have decided not to be reappointed, and Paul Levandowski recently passed away. County Executive Allen Buechel would have to appoint three new members. Also, following the program in April, UW-Extension will no longer provide clerical support for the council. There’s a possibility of the council dissolving, and that would be up to the county executive to decide.
Motion (Nicholson/Siegesmund) to adjourn the meeting at 11:02 a.m. Motion carried.
Mary Jean Nicholson