Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 03/21/2017 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3:32-4:20 p.m.
Martin F. Farrell: 3:32-4:20 p.m.
Martin S. Ryan: Excused
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Brenda Schneider, Jim Krebs, Karen Kuehl, Michael Marx and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Tom Dornbrook called the meeting to order at 3:32 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the March 7, 2017, meeting.
Motion (Farrell/Goldsmith) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Cash on hand and investments for February 2017.
Treasurer Brenda Schneider presented the report, which was provided to the committee. Motion (Farrell/ Depperman) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
5. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to enter into an agreement with Zillow Group for the purchase and delivery of digital real estate images.
Register of Deeds Jim Krebs explained this resolution and the next. Motion (Goldsmith/Farrell) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
6. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to enter into an agreement with First American Data Tree LLC for the purchase and delivery of digital real estate images.
Motion (Farrell/Goldsmith) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
7. Preliminary report on the 2016 year-end financial picture.
County Executive Allen Buechel gave a preliminary report on the 2016 year-end financial picture and a brief description of various departments’ year-end preliminary numbers.
8. Report by the county executive on the wind damage to the Manis property storage building and preliminary discussion on possible alternatives to address the need for an adequate facility.
Wind damaged the Manis property storage building roof. Pictures of the damage to the building were shared with the committee. The committee recommended that the county fix the damage. Insurance will cover all but $2,500.
9. Approve extra meetings.
There were no extra meetings.
10. Approve bills.
Motion (Goldsmith/Farrell) to approve the following bills. Motion carried.
11. Future agenda items and meeting dates.
The committee will meet at 3:30 p.m. on April 11. Agenda items include resolutions regarding the year-end carryover and close out of overdrawn accounts.
Motion (Goldsmith/Depperman) to adjourn the meeting at 4:20 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk