Land Information Council
- Date: 03/23/2017 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Steven A. Abel: Absent
Terry Dietzel: 10:03-10:34 a.m.
Jim Krebs: 10:03-10:34 a.m.
Troy Rademann: 10:03-10:34 a.m.
Also present was Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Terry Dietzel called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.
2. Approve minutes of the February 18, 2016, meeting.
Motion (De Vries/Kuen) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-3, with Bobbi Hicken, Jim Krebs and Brenda Schneider abstaining.
Introductions were made.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Review and approve the 2017 Wisconsin Land Information Program Grant.
Mr. Dietzel provided members with a copy of the 2017 Wisconsin Land Information Program Grant application. He explained the application and how the funding would be used. Motion (Schneider/Rademann) to approve the grant application and for Mr. Dietzel to submit it to the Wisconsin Department of Administration. Motion carried.
5. Discussion of the 2018 multi-county federal 3D Elevation Program Grant for acquiring elevation data.
Mr. Dietzel has been contacted by consultants regarding Fond du Lac County’s possible participation in this program. There is grant funding available for this project. Mr. Dietzel explained what this project would include and the project’s benefits. It would be funded 50 percent by federal money and 50 percent by Land Records money.
6. Update on land information projects by departments.
Land Information Department
Register of Deeds
Mr. Dietzel said to contact him if any modernizing to land records is needed.
Mr. Rademann said that he works regularly with city and county staff and is always appreciative of their willingness to assist him. He commented that he has heard similar praise from others.
Motion (Kuen/De Vies) to adjourn the meeting at 10:34 a.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk