Fond du Lac County #19 in the Nation for Manufacturing Job Growth
The Fond du Lac metro area (Fond du Lac County) has been ranked 19th in the nation for the percentage growth in manufacturing jobs between April 2010 and April 2014. The number of new manufacturing jobs added during this period was 2,300 or a 26.4% increase. This follows the recent report by NewGeography that the Fond du Lac metro rated #10 in the nation for manufacturing job growth in 2013.
“Over the last five years, Fond du Lac County has invested funds for business expansion and job growth,” says Fond du Lac County Executive Allen Buechel. “Several large and small companies have taken advantage of the program and those businesses have created a significant number of jobs within the county. We are starting to see the results of those investments.”
Several other examples of Fond du Lac County’s recent economic successes include:
- 174th in job creation out of 398 metro areas in the nation.In 2013, Fond du Lac County ranked 353rd, jumping 179 spots.In terms of the 240 small metro areas, Fond du Lac County ranked 100th, up 102 spots from 2013.
- 10th out of 357 metro areas for manufacturing job growth in 2013. The growth rate in manufacturing jobs was 5.4%, up from 26th in 2012. (NewGeograpy)
- 19th in the nation for the percentage growth in manufacturing jobs between April 2010 and April 2014.The number of new manufacturing jobs added during this period was 2,300 or a 26.4% increase. (Garner Economics)
- 13th in the nation out of 317 metro areas ranked for the growth rate of information technology jobs in 2013/14, a gain of 198 spots from the previous year. (NewGeography)
- 34th nationally out of 363 MSAs measured for real GMP growth since 2011. (U.S. Conference of Mayors)
- 13th out of 179 small metro areas for the presence of high-tech industries. (Milken Institute)